Y4K Covid Update
Date: 28th September, 2021
FOR PARENTS OF CLOSE CONTACTS OF COVID 19 at Co-op Academy Clarice Cliff
We have been advised by Public Health England that there have been a small number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 within Class 4K and we are awaiting the results for some other pupils.
We have followed the national guidance and have identified that your child has been in close contact with the affected individuals. In line with the national guidance there is no requirement to self-isolate as your child is under 18 years old, however it is recommended that a PCR test is taken, and parents/guardians are vigilant around symptoms.
We are asking you to do this to reduce the further spread of COVID-19 to others in the community.
What to do if your child develops symptoms of COVID 19
If your child develops symptoms of COVID-19, they should remain at home for at least 10 days from the date when their symptoms appeared. Anyone with symptoms will be eligible for testing and this can be arranged via https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test or by calling 119 .
Symptoms of COVID 19
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
- new continuous cough and/or
- high temperature and/or
- a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
If your child does develop symptoms, you can seek advice from NHS 111 at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/check-if-you-have-coronavirus-symptoms/ or by phoning 111.
How to stop COVID-19 spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
Further information is available at
In addition to this, we are putting in some extra steps to try to reduce any possible spread of the virus. These include:
- Keeping Y4K in a separate bubble for a few days.
- Eating lunch in their classroom.
- reduce any contact with other classes.
- Stopping Y4K clubs for this week and next week.
We will let you know when your child can start to come to clubs again and when these measures can stop. If we can all get ahead of this quickly, we can hopefully return to normal again very soon.
Thank you for your support with this.
Mrs D Broadhurst