Susan Tunmore (Chair)

Susan Tunmore (Chair)

It’s a real honour to have been nominated by the Co-op Trust to be the first Chair of Governors for Co-op Academy Clarice Cliff.  I took on the role in early December 2020 as the conversion process was completed and I meet with Mrs Broadhurst on a weekly basis, usually Friday afternoons. I’m proud to have worked alongside Co-op Academy Trust for the last 4 years and I was previously a Governor at Co-op Academy Stoke-on-Trent, where I chaired the Finance & Operations Committee and also supported with Student Wellbeing.

As a Mum of two boys, aged 13 and 10, I know what it feels like to have children in both secondary and primary education. In my day job,  I’m the Co-op Business Services Director and my teams provide a range of finance & HR services alongside support for our customers and members who need to contact all the Co-op businesses, from Food & online delivery as well as Funeralcare, Insurance, & Health.  It’s an exciting time to be part of the Co-op and I’m deeply committed to helping fulfil our vision of “Co-operating for a Fairer World”.

It’s long been an ambition of Clarice Cliff to “create bright futures by celebrating success” and it’s the role of our new Governing team to both support and challenge the Clarice Cliff leadership team to make sure we achieve this. I want to play my part in ensuring all our children and all staff involved with our Academy reach their full potential.  We are committed to finding better ways of doing things and I look forward to seeing us deliver against our improvement plans and fulfilling our promise to provide great learning, support and experience for everyone.   

I’m particularly keen to hear from our parents & carers about what’s working well and where we can do better so please do get in touch to share your views.

Full NameSusan Tunmore
Date Appointment01/12/2020
Category of GovernorSponsor, Chair
Appointed byAn employee of the Co-op appointed by the sponsor
Declarations of InterestMember of the Chartered Institute for Personnel Development
Attendance at Local Governing Body Meetings (2020-2021)5/5
Date of Resignationn/a