Helen Foy

I have worked at Co-op Academy Clarice Cliff, since its inception as Clarice Cliff Primary School and before that at Queen’s Primary. My association with Queen’s Primary began as a parent of three girls who attended the school, where I became a parent volunteer primarily listening to readers. Subsequently, I took part in an Open University course for Teaching Assistants and qualified in 2000.

I became a member of the Queen’s Primary governing body as a non-teaching staff member and was involved in the amalgamation process with Grafton Infants through the Premises Committee. I continued on to be a member of the Clarice Cliff governing body, both as Staff Governor and at times as an Associate Governor. 

I have worked as a Dinner Money Cashier, a Teaching Assistant, a Senior Teaching Assistant and I am currently an Educational Associate supporting the children and teachers in Year Five. To further my knowledge of education I undertook a degree in Education with Staffs. Uni, graduating in 2012.

I have continued in the role as staff governor through the process of joining with the Co-op Academies Trust and am excited to be a part of this new phase of the school’s development. I am committed to the education and welfare of the children in our school and am proud of all our achievements.

Full NameHelen Foy
Date Appointment01/12/2020
Category of GovernorStaff Governor
Appointed byElected by staff
Declarations of InterestDaughter is a designer for M&M Graphics
Attendance at Local Governing Body Meetings (2020-2021)5/5
Date of Resignationn/a